Friday, November 13, 2009

Pomegranate Jelly and Baby Chicks?

All my jelly that we made yesterday.

This week has been crazy busy for me. My Mom came over on Monday and Thursday to help me make pomegranate jelly. It is fun to have her come help and it takes less time than me doing it all by myself. I stood on my feet from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. yesterday and I was so tired I needed a nap. Candi was here with her boys playing with Troy. They decided to leave Major and Troy and take Dally Dog to Hobby Lobby so I went in Mindi's room to watch t.v. while the boys played a shooting game on the Wii. I had been resting comfortably on the bed for about 30 minutes when Troy came in to tell me that he had "hatched two eggs." I said what are you talking about? So he took me in Mindi's kitchen to show me what he had done. We have decided to raise some chickens and so we have a little white hen who has been sitting on two eggs for about a month. Yesterday when we went out to feed them, Mindi noticed that one of the eggs had a hole in it and the baby chick was starting to break out. They had gone out several times during the day to see if the chick was finally out. I guess that is why Troy thought if he broke open some of Mindi's eggs out of the fridge he would "hatch a baby." Anyway, he is so cute and so smart but we did end up with two baby chicks, one hatched yesterday and Mindi just found the other one this morning.We did get rid of all the birds and the rabbits but we thought it would be fun to have fresh eggs and breed three kinds of chickens. We have Silkies, Frizzles and Polish hens and two roosters right now, all the others are babies so we don't know what they will end up being. So between making jelly and hatching babies it has been a fun but busy week!

Our two baby chicks

2 comments:

larsen family said...

The baby chicks are so cute. We'll have to come see.

Debbie said...

Do I see my name on one of those jars???!!