Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Mom's House Decorated, Relief Society Dinner Done

   This is always a crazy time of year for me, but as I get older it seems like it gets harder to accomplish tasks like shopping and decorating.  It felt good to wake up today and be able to stay home and put a dent in my to-do list.  On Monday we went to Scottsdale to decorate Mom's house for Christmas. My sister had taken her to the doctor earlier in the day and had an appointment. Ben was in a meeting for work, so it was just three of us helping. Rich showed up for a little while but needed to come home to meet up with Ethan before he leaves for Montana early in the morning. Lennie got the tree put up and Julie did an amazing job of putting her humble ornaments, bows and angels on the tree. It's nice having a sister-in-law who is a little bit OCD because she always makes everything look nice. While she was decorating the tree, Len and I dusted and cleaned off her table and hutch to put her decorations on. This is the first Christmas without my Dad and it has taken a toll on Mom. She often tells me "life isn't fun anymore since Dad left us." After we finished making her house look amazing we took her to dinner. I don't know how much she eats but I don't think it is very much. We went to a little Mexican place and she seemed to have a nice appetite which made us happy.
    Last night was our Relief Society Christmas dinner. My friend Paula and I are on the committee so we helped as much as we could and it was very pretty. The theme was "Let Him In" and I was really impressed with how it turned out. I don't think people understand how much work it is to put on a dinner for sixty to seventy women. I am always glad when it's over and I didn't even do that much to help. Last weekend I went shopping for Spencer's family because Rich is flying up there tomorrow to spend some time with them and help with the baby blessing. Because I'm afraid to fly, I won't be a part of this special occasion. I can either have a pity party or just be happy Rich gets a few days off to spend with our kids and grand-kids. It is beautiful in Montana but it's really far away, so I will just have to spend my alone time doing what I like to do, which won't be a problem for me. Maybe I can finally get the ornaments on my tree and get all the boxes put away. I may even have to take a trip to the Mall, Yea!




No comments: