Wednesday, December 9, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas Around Here

Today is the last day of November and I'm so relieved.  Thanksgiving is over for another year, I don't know why it stresses me out so much to have my family over. I guess it's because I want my house to be clean and organized when everyone comes. The problem is it only takes a few minutes before it looks like a bomb went off. Anyway, it does motivate Rich to get some things done around the house too. After everyone left I started taking all the Fall decorations down and Rich pulled most of the Christmas out of our closets and the garage. We spent all day Saturday working on the lights because I have learned if we don't do them right after Thanksgiving they never get up. All the kids and grand kids, plus a couple of Rich's workers helped and most of them are up. Rich still needs to get some power to some of them and then it will be beautiful. I love Christmas lights, they make me happy and feel young again. Ethan invited us out to his house for a little birthday party for the twins and Regan who had birthdays last week. He was in Montana working on a job, so they waited until he got home and their company left. Candi had scheduled a cute girl to take her family pictures, so I asked if we could crash the party and she could take a few of Rich and I and Mindi's family. After church Mindi and I went to Scottsdale to pick up Mom to come with us, I thought it would be good to get her out of the house and with us instead of spending Sunday alone. We had to walk quite a bit to the park where pictures were being taken. There were tons of people with the same idea, it was the happening place, plus it was really cold. I like to send pictures out in my Christmas cards so at least I know we will have two families done. Ethan and Jen are taking theirs on Thursday and hopefully Spencer and Annie will get a picture done this year too including their new baby. I've spent all day so far putting up my Christmas decorations, it is coming along but I still have to tackle the tree when Rich finally gets it up. This is such a busy time of year, but I hate to complain because at least I have a home to decorate and family to share my life with, I'm truly blessed.

No comments: