Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spring Break 2015

This week is spring break, so in true Larsen fashion we are having a work party. It started on Saturday when we had all the kids out cleaning up the back yard. We had a stretch where with the rains and irrigation it was too muddy to do anything. Now that the temps are in the high 80's and shooting for 90 tomorrow the weather is perfect for working outside. I decided it was time to tackle my sewing room. It seems like I just get in there and sew until I'm too tired to do anything else, so I just turn everything off and shut the door. Even though I have four or five quilts to put together, I decided it was time to get organized. I've spent the last two days sorting through scraps of material and organizing them into colors and textures. Being organized isn't one of my talents and it's extremely hard for me to get in the mood, but I will be so happy when I can find things when I need them. On Sunday we had Mom over for dinner. Len had to speak at Stake Conference in Tempe so he and Julie picked her up and took her with them. After he spoke they brought her to their house, where we picked her up and she ate dinner and visited with us. Then Len took her home on his way to another meeting. I think she is doing great with Dad passing away, but I know she is lonely and always comments that life sure isn't much fun without him around anymore. She could come live with us but right now she wants to be in her house, with her friends and ward family calling and checking on her all the time. I suppose some day she will get tired of being alone and decide to make a change, but until then and as long as she is of sound mind, she can do what she wants to. Maybe the chaos of our "funny farm" would be too much for her to handle anyway. When I went outside yesterday to feed the critters, the warm breeze and scent of orange blossoms made me so melancholy. I miss my Dad, and I still miss Kamber. I know they are both together, and both happy to be where they are, but I'm not happy they are gone. Mom keeps reminding me that we will all be joining them someday, but for now I'm still stuck, stuck in that place I've visited before and hopefully can leave someday.

No comments: