Monday, March 23, 2015

Pantry Cleaning and Broken Body Parts

It seems like the older I get the faster time flies by and the less I get accomplished. Last week went by really fast and when I think what's going on this week it makes me tired. Last Friday Mindi and I went over to see my Mom in Scottsdale.  We stopped by to pick up a sandwich and had lunch with her.  I don't think she eats unless someone encourages her, or she gets faint. My poor Dad was always hungry and waiting for her to fix him something to eat. He finally just started making eggs and bacon everyday so he wouldn't go hungry. While we were there, Mindi decided to tackle her pantry. A few years ago we went and threw out tons of canned goods and outdated food that she had collected. Dad hated her pantry being so stuffed but she was stocking up in case there was an emergency, she could help her family. I do the same thing and haven't gotten the rotation aspect of food storage. Rich hates my pantry too and sometimes I'll come in the kitchen and see that he's organized it and that's fine with me. That's not one of my strong suits, organization. While Mindi was hauling stuff out to the trash, Mom and I were going through Dad's closet. She hasn't wanted to do anything with all his stuff yet, but she did give up his ties. Len had mentioned that he would like the ones he had given him and I took what I gave him. I think I have about thirty more ties to try and find a home for. I swear that since I've turned sixty I'm falling apart. I've been having trouble with my right hand going numb and then for the last two months my left shoulder has been killing me. I finally went in last week and had x-rays of both of those body parts and when the doctor called to tell me nothing was wrong that he could see, maybe you need an MRI, I was discouraged. I HATE pain, even though I have a high tolerance for pain I still don't do well when my body parts hurt. Tomorrow I have another appointment to check out another part of me that is struggling. I wish I could check myself in somewhere and get everything fixed and updated. That would probably cost more than I'm worth so I guess I will just carry on the way I am. As we left Mom's the neighbors were all outside visiting. I thanked them for keeping an eye on her and told them she wasn't allowed to bring any more canned goods into her house. I think she probably headed over to the grocery store when we left to replace all we threw away, I sure hope not, but some things just never change.

No comments: