Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"The Problem of the Day"

This morning I woke up really early at around 4:30. I was dripping in sweat and don't know if I was having a hot flash or  just got wound up in the covers on the bed. I never could get back to sleep so I got up and started my day. I read some more in my book about being a "Survivor," but most of it was about how to survive a plane crash. Since I'm afraid to fly, I'm pretty sure that's not the way I'm going to leave this earth. I did think it was interesting that the least likely people to survive a plane crash are older, out of shape women which puts me at the top of the list to not get out of the plane alive. I read a couple of chapters in my scriptures and then started my chores. When I fed the dogs I noticed the pool pump wasn't on, so I had Dave see if he could see what was wrong. He thinks the motor in the pump is gone, so we'll see how many days until we have a green pool again. I have a leak in my ceiling in my hall where the air conditioner is leaking on the wood floor. Nobody seems to care about that either, so I guess I'll just do what I can with towels and buckets. Not to mention the air conditioning in my kitchen never gets below 81 degrees. This is the part of summer that is the hardest for me. I've already lived through two months of 100 degrees and still have another two to go. It may start cooling down around Halloween but that's never for sure. Every summer I dream of going away for the summer to the mountains where it's cool, someday that will happen. These next two weeks are going to be so busy. We have four birthdays and Mindi is crazy busy getting everything ready for Tristyn's "sweet sixteen" blowout dance party on Saturday night. What we do for our kids should give us a straight shot into heaven. Even with everything that is not going so well right now I know I'm still so blessed to even have a house and cool air blowing in. My life has never been perfect and I'm pretty sure it never will be as I struggle everyday with something. When I was talking to Spencer last week he assured me that everyone has the same thing going on. He said, "today it is this problem, and tomorrow will be something else, it's just the problem of the day, everyday." Is it too much to ask for just ONE day that I don't have a problem?

No comments: