Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Max's Birthday, Mary"s Wedding



This week is proving to be another busy one for us. It started when we celebrated Max's birthday on Saturday with swimming, pizza and a Ninja Turtle Cake that Mindi made for him. Today is his birthday and he is now four years old, the only boy in the family with five sisters. He is a sweet boy but has his moments when he is kind of aggressive towards Brookie and Reagan, so it's probably a good thing Jenn is having two brothers for him to play with. We had to celebrate early because their kids started school today. Is it school time already? Yesterday as we went to the Temple for Mary's sealing it was 112 degrees. I got out of the truck and before I could get to the Temple doors I thought I was having a heat stroke. Today is no better with the forecasted high at 114. This is a good day to stay in and do some sewing. I finally finished a quilt for Mary and Jeff, so now I'm determined to make one for me. Mindi has also informed me that she would like a quilt for her bed too. I didn't take any pictures at the Temple because we literally walked out, smiled a few times and got the heck out of there. The reception was fun with dancing, cupcakes and ice cream sundaes. Last year she was alone with three children and now is married with six kids combined. I am so happy for her and hope their lives will be full of love and companionship. As I was talking to my Brother Len last night about all that has happened in the last year, he said, "that's the way life is, things are always changing." That gives me hope that maybe the weather will be changing and we can get some cool breezes and monsoon thunderstorms coming our way, otherwise I'm afraid I'm going to melt.

No comments: