Friday, January 22, 2010

I Need Noah's Ark

What the bleep! We haven't had any rain in four months and now we need a boat to get around. I can't remember it raining this much since one year in the 1980's. It flooded so bad back then that they had to let water run out of the damn. When they did that it washed away roads and bridges and made our life miserable. Our yard looks like we got ten hours of irrigation. I have been up a lot these last few nights worrying about my animals outside. I have rabbits, chickens, ponds full of fish and the big sulcata tortoises. Last night I went out and one of my chickens was laying down in a hole not moving. I was sure she was dying so I brought her in my house and put her on a towel in my laundry room. I went to a baby shower and a meeting and when I came home I went and checked on her and she was sitting up. This morning when I got up and went in and turned the light on she hopped up on the laundry basket and acted normal. So, out she went into the pen with the others. I was so worried about our big tortoises that I made Mindi walk out at ten o'clock last night to check on them. We had flashlights and sloshed out in the mud and she looked down in the hole and they were coming out. When I went out tonight to feed the herd I noticed that the hole they dug and live in has collapsed. They were all out but covered in mud. I made Mindi stop by the store and buy some heat lamps to put in the chicken coop because I had to bring in another one of my chickens because it wasn't moving and her little feet were so cold. Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow and she will be up to going out with the rest of her friends too. I love animals but I hate fighting the rain and cold, and then turning around and fighting the suffocating heat. Maybe I should just get a Chia Pet and call it good.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I vote for the chia pet...but make it a silk one!!