Friday, December 26, 2008

Wonderful Christmas!

I have to tell you I was really dreading this Christmas. I didn't know how we would be able to celebrate after the tragic loss we suffered on July 25, but you know we did. I was so impressed with my family, especially my children. As mothers we try to teach our children to be good people. We try to help them gain testimonies of the Savior to help them throughout their lives. At times I was not a good example of either of these goals, but some how through all the disfuction I think they got it. I am so impressed with Mindi and Candi in their hours of service and kindness to others. Ethan and Spencer are such hard workers and try to provide a nice home for their families. I love Dave, B.J., Jenn, and Annie as if they were my own children; and the twelve grandchildren are just frosting on this huge cake we have. Rich and I are so blessed to have the children we have. I know all parents think they have the best kids, but I wouldn't trade any of our kids, spouses or grandkids for anything in this world. We had a memorable Christmas; gifts were given that meant so much to us that received them. There was a special spirit with us this Christmas that can only come by going through a terrible adversity. Most of us went to the cemetary to spend some time remembering sweet Kamber. I have never been to a cemetary on Christmas Day before. It was a spiritual experience and I couldn't believe the people that were there and the darling decorations that were put on the graves of loved ones who have passed on. It was a great ending to a wonderful Christmas!

4 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

I am glad you guys had a great Chritmas! YOur kids are great people I am glad that we have had chance to get to know all of you. You are a good mom to them. Thanks for the Jam..

Debbie said...

Hi Teri---Debbie Garlock here---I was sitting up late stalking blogs and came across yours!! I have smiled and then cried as I read through your posts. I am so sorry for your loss of little Kamber, but can see that you are strong and holding things together for your family. Maybe through blogs we can keep in better touch. I have not been a very good friend and am not good at keeping in touch. Sorry----

I have a blog as do all of my kids---visit us at
garlockfam.blogspot.com

I love your Christmas card! I didn't send one out this year. I might send out a New Year's one. Anyway----say hi to Rich and your kids.

We love you, Debbie

Debbie said...

We have 6 grandkids with one on the way. Drew and Tiffany will have their first in June. Kasey has 2, Troy has 3, and Shawna has 1. I still teach 6th grade and am half way through a master's program. Call me crazy. Troy works with Mike. Kasey will graduate with a teaching degree next fall. Drew, Tiffany, and Shawna are going to school to get PE degrees. Crazy---I know. I am in the YW presidency and Mike teaches the investigator class. I am enjoying this holiday break and spend a lot of time playing with grandkids. All of my kids are here. Thank goodness. We have followed Spencer and like watching him play.

2 of my grandkids pryed my pool fence bars apart and squeezed through them. I freaked out. Maybe that is how Kamber got through. Little ones can do almost anything they are determined to do. I am going to have to do something to my bars to make sure they can't get through. I don't know what---but something.

Have a great New Year. We always have a party here---then go quading on New Year's day.

Say hi to your mom for me.
Love, Debbie

Mary-Sunshine said...

I had no idea you had a blog. I am going to start checking out. I loved this post. I bet it was spiritual and peaceful.

I love your family! You always make my little family feel welcome in your home and your kids are so much to be around! You know they get that from their fun parents!!!