Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Craziness

Is anyone else out there feeling the craziness of this holiday season? I must feel like this every year but something is different this year. Is it that I'm getting old, getting senile or just plain losing my mind? These last few months have been a definite whirlwind of emotion. I go between sad and sadder at a minutes notice. I have tried to make sense out of the devastating loss of Kamber, but it still doesn't make sense to me. I usually wake up every morning thinking about how sad it is that she is gone; but last week I actually woke up one morning with the most unbelievable feeling of joy. I was so happy for her. I felt her spirit and she was so happy. It made me so envious of her. Her journey was over on this earth and I could feel the joy. I know others in our family have had special dreams where they have seen her and she has talked with them, but I haven't been lucky enough to have experienced that yet, I'm still hoping for a visit.
I read an article in a health magazine this week that I think was written just for me. It was on the" Healing and Liberating Power of Acceptance." The author talks about how we all will have events in our life that will challenge our emotional health. We need to recognize that there are peole, problems and things that are uncontrollable and out of our power to change. This is where acceptance comes in. She says that accepting what "IS" and deciding to change your feelings about it creates an atmosphere to help heal your pain. I hope at some point in my life to be able to accapt what has happened, but I'm not even close yet. "Accepting does not necessarily mean "liking," "enjoying," or "condoning.' I can accept what is- and be determined to evolve from there. It is not acceptance but denial that leaves me stuck. " -Nathanieal Branden

No comments: