Friday, May 13, 2016

May Is My Favorite Month, NOT!

Today is Friday the 13th so I've been hoping and praying nothing bad happens to any of my friends and family today. May is almost half over and I can't believe how fast we are moving into the hot summer months, which I hate. Last weekend Rich went to Montana to spend a couple of days with Spencer. I spent most of the time being angry and hurt that he would miss Mother's Day. Even though I'm not his mother, I still thought is was wrong of him to leave. When I went to Landmark a couple of years ago they talked a lot about all the "rackets" we have with those around us. I definitely have some really strong rackets going on in my life that I have fought for a very long time. May is another racket I have. Both Mother's Day and my birthday happen in this month and I am so happy when the calendar changes to June, and I've survived another May. With Rich being gone and me not being able to sleep, I had lots of time to try and figure out why May is so hard for me. My parents were both school teachers and I know for sure just how stressful it is to try and finish up a school year. My birthday always hits about the time school is over for the summer. In fact next week Tristyn will graduate on Rich's birthday on Thursday. Of course I would marry a guy whose birthday is a few days before mine, that's just the way I roll. The reason Rich had to go to Montana last weekend was because Brookie is getting baptized tomorrow, our birthdays are next week and then on to Memorial Day. So I guess I will forgive Rich for not being here to shower me with gifts, love and breakfast in bed. (Now that is a total fantasy for sure.) The rest of May doesn't get any better with basketball games, graduation, birthdays and trying to get my pool ready for swimming. Maybe I can find someone to take me to the beach for Father's Day, that's only fair.

No comments: