Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Let It Roll Like Water Off A Duck's Back

Last Saturday was busy for our family. With twenty grandkids there is bound to be something going on all the time. It was a special day for Brookie as she was baptized and confirmed a member of the church. We then went to Ethan and Jenn's for a luncheon before going to a championship basketball game at the YMCA that Trent was playing in. There was a lady there with laced up high heel shoes and a dress, definitely not basketball game wardrobe. She was an obnoxious mother of one of the kids on the other team. During timeouts and half time, one of her younger daughters went on the floor to give a cheer for the other team. It was a tight game but we ended up winning and it was so fun for the boys. After the game, the coach was talking to our boys and giving them the little medals they had just won as the parents and coaches of the other team walked by. When we got in the car one of my grandsons told me that this dressed up, not nice lady said, "you need to wash your face," to him. Our family wasn't born with peaches and cream complexions, skinny bodies, or knock out good looks, but we try to be nice people. When I was sitting in the car waiting to leave, I wanted to go in and hit this lady in the face. My poor elderly Mom was telling me to just relax and I know she was nervous I was going to do something to retaliate. We drove off with me still fuming mad. While I was sitting in church on Sunday during the Sacrament, I just couldn't stop thinking about how angry I was at this person. Why would someone think it was alright to say something mean to a child? All of a sudden I got an impression in my mind that said, "just let it go." We always joke that the Greers don't hold grudges that we just let stuff roll off us like water off a ducks back. Which is not true. Anyway, after looking at the pictures we took at the church, I can now add not photogenic to my list of bad qualities I have. At least we were there and tried to support, even if we do have some faults.

No comments: