Thursday, June 2, 2011

No More Animals for Me!






After the stress of these last few days I can see why some people choose not to have animals. Besides my usual chickens, rabbits turtles and fish, we have been dog and bird sitting for some friends in our ward. They are going to be gone for three weeks on vacation, so I need to suck it up and try to get through the remaining two. The problem is we have five puppies and three adult dogs plus one who comes during the day to play while her owner works. It is challenging to try and keep the puppies safe from the dangers that lurk outside, plus make sure the big dogs don't bother them. Yesterday morning I woke up to some strange howling noise in the backyard. I looked out my bathroom window to find one of the baby golden retrievers in my fish pond. He must have fallen in and then when he tried to get out got stuck between two rocks. So out I went in my nightgown trudging through the sprinklers to pull him to safety. He was now a green dog because of the algae in the pond so I needed to give him a bath. That put me in a bad mood the rest of the day even though it was Candi's birthday and we would be celebrating with her. After the shindig of a party I had Rich and Dave make a fence to keep the big puppies out of danger and Mindi brought the little Shih Tzus in her house. What a pain in the butt these little guys are, Bella is tired of nursing them so they just follow her around whining. Mindi is suppose to be on bed rest so that makes it even harder trying to make the kids help and keep her down. Hopefully we will be able to handle this without loss of life or limb, say a prayer for us.

No comments: