Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Summer Storms and Cooler Weather

This summer has been a long and hot one but the last couple of days I can feel Fall in the air, a little bit. I am sad to say that this summer I didn't go anywhere. Nada, nope, I gutted it out through all the summer months. Last year I spent three weeks in Montana and one week in California, but not this year. I spent lots of time in the pool trying to keep cool and exercising my hip and knee which still aren't that good. Getting old is hard but my Mom thinks I'm young and keeps saying, "just wait until you are eighty-six, then you are really old." Somehow I don't think I will live that long, especially with my negative attitude that I'm reminded about all the time. It's been eight years since Kamber left and almost two since Dad went home. I think about them all the time and am glad that I know we will be together again on the other side. It's been bitter sweet to send our oldest granddaughter to college. She has an opportunity to get an education and have the experience of traveling with a team playing volleyball around the country. I'm sure hoping she will take advantage of all the experiences she can because this time will go by really fast. I've been busy working on some quilts and need to start finishing up some I started months ago. They also asked me and a friend to be in charge of  a quilting project for our upcoming Super Saturday activity. We are tying twenty quilts to give to the children's hospital. Hopefully we will have some support on this one because it's a lot more work than most people realize. The last couple weeks we have had some beautiful cloud formations as the summer monsoon storms hit. This morning I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to lightning, thunder and pouring rain. It's made me really tired this afternoon but we can always use the rain and I know that soon our days will be cool enough to get outside and ride my bike. Yea!


No comments: