Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Not Feeling the Christmas Spirit Yet

The Nativity My Dad Carved

My crystal tree

The Mantle

After the Game

Abney and I (Darling!) Ha Ha

All the boys in the Jungle Jim (Basketball Hoop)

I've had a hard time getting motivated to get my house decorated for Christmas. I'm not really in the Christmas spirit right now but hopefully I can move towards that. Every year I say "I've had enough, never again," but continue to make myself crazy. Annie and the kids came for the weekend while Spencer was in Minnesota playing the Vikings. The Broncos even won so that makes it fun for me. It was so good to see them and spend a little time playing with the kids. I wish we could have planned it better so we could get all the grand kids together for pictures but we didn't have time. We went to church, watched the game, had dinner and then let the kids play with the cousins, then we went out to Ethan and Jenn's to see the new baby. How blessed I am to be the grandmother to sixteen wonderful kids. Today as Mindi and I were out running errands I saw two different guys on scooters, one was handicapped and stopped in the middle of the street crossing the freeway. The other one was going down the sidewalk with an American flag on the back. He was an older guy and after looking closer he had only one leg. Mindi said, "see Mom it could be a whole lot worse." I know that compared to many I have a wonderful life, I just wish there were some things that were different. I'm trying to make some changes and hopefully it will help. We never know what we will be asked to go through, I don't even know how to prepare for adversity, so I just keep plugging along on this journey of mine.

No comments: